The battle to do good : inside McDonald's sustainability journey
- Additional Author(s)
- Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2019
- FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS--UNITED STATES
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- Emerald Business Management and Economics Ebooks 2019
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- In The Battle to Do Good, former McDonald’s Executive Bob Langert takes readers on a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant giant’s decades-long battle to do good, tackling tricky societal issues all while feeding 70 million people a day while attending to the bottom line.
- Number of Page(s)
- online resource (xvi, 264 p.)
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
Introduction From Defense to Offense
1 The Battle Against Waste McDonald’s First Societal Clash
2 The Battle for Farm Animals How Animal Welfare Is Transformed
3 The Battle of Extremism: McCruelty Meat Is Murder
4 The Battle to Be Proactive Happy Meal Toys and the Ups and Downs of Anticipatory Issues Management
5 The Battle of the Waistline and Brand Health The Obesity Dilemma and a Healthier Happy Meal
6 The Battle for a Sustainable Supply Chain From Silence to Sustainable Fish, Less Polluting Hogs, and Better Lives for Tomato Pickers
7 The Battle for Values Can You Etch Them in Stone?
8 The Battle Goes to the Board Room A Shareholder Proposal Makes a Difference
9 The Battle for the Amazon Rainforest How Greenpeace Chickens Changed McDonald’s
10 The Battle to Make a Pig’s Life Better How Much Room Does a Sow Need?
11 The Battle for Better Beef The Quest for Sustainable Beef
12 The Battle to Lead Both Business and Society The Profits of Sustainability
|1.||00465/20||338.7616479573 Lan B||Online !||Available|