Mama bear apologetics
- Additional Author(s)
- Eugene: Harvest House Publishers, 2019
- CHRISTIAN EDUCATION OF CHILDREN
- MOTHERS--RELIGIOUS LIFE
- "Parents are the most important apologists our kids will ever know. Mama Bear Apologetics will help you navigate your kids' questions and prepare them to become committed Christ followers." -J. Warner Wallace
"If every Christian mom would apply this book in her parenting, it would profoundly transform the next generation." -Natasha Crain
The problem with lies is they don't often sound like lies. They seem harmless, and even sound right. So what's a Mama Bear to do when her kids seem to be absorbing the culture's lies uncritically?
Mama Bear Apologetics (TM) is the book you've been looking for. This mom-to-mom guide will equip you to teach your kids how to form their own biblical beliefs about what is true and what is false. Through transparent life stories and clear, practical applications-including prayer strategies-this band of Mama Bears offers you tools to train yourself, so you can turn around and train your kids.
Are you ready to answer the rallying cry, "Mess with our kids and we will demolish your arguments"? Join the Mama Bears and raise your voice to protect your kids-by teaching them how to think through and address the issues head-on, yet with gentleness and respect.
- Number of Page(s)
- 287 p.
- 22 cm.
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
Foreword by Nancy Pearcey --
Protecting you kids the mama bear way --
Part 1: Rise up, mama bears --
1. Calling all mama bears- My kid has a cheerio shoved up his nose. Why am I reading this book?: Hillary Morgan Ferrer and Julie Loos --
2. How to be a mama bear-Is this code for being the weirdest mom on the playground?: Hillary Short --
3. The discerning mama bear-The refined art of "Chew and spit": Hillary Morgan Ferrer --
4. Linguistic theft- Redefining words to get your way and avoid reality: Hillary Morgan Ferrer --
Part 2: Lies you've probably heard but didn't know what they were called --
5. God helps those who help themselves-Self-helpism: Teasi Connon --
6. My brain is trustworthy...according to my brain- naturalism: Hillary Morgan Ferrer --
7. I'd believe in God if there were any shred of evidence- skepticism: Hillary Morgan Ferrer and Rebekah Valerius --
8. The truth is, there is no truth-postmodernism: Rebekah Valerius and Hillary Morgan Ferrer --
9. you're wrong to tell me that I'm wrong!- Moral relativism: Hillary Morgan Ferrer and Rebekah Valerius --
10. Follow your heart- it never lies!-Emotionalism: Teasi Cannon, Hillary Morgan Ferrer, and Hillary Short --
11. Just worship something- pluralism: Cathryn S. Buse --12. I'm not religious; I'm spiritual!-new spirituality: Alisa Childers --13. Communism failed because nobody did it right- Marxism: Hillary Morgan Ferrer --
14. The future is female- Feminism: Rebekah Valerius, Alisa Childers, and Hillary Morgan Ferrer --
15. Christianity needs a makeover- Progressive Christianity: Alisa Childers --
Final words of encouragement --
16. How to take all this information and #RoarLikeAMother-The mama bears --
Reading resources for each chapter --