A Companion to modern chinese literature
- Additional Author(s)
- Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2015
- Blackwell companions to literature and culture 92
- Includes bibliographical references and index (548=573)
- This wide-ranging Companion provides a vital overview of modern Chinese literature in different geopolitical areas, from the 1840s to now. It reviews major accomplishments of Chinese literary scholarship published in Chinese and English and brings attention to previously neglected, important areas.
Offers the most thorough and concise coverage of modern Chinese literature to date, drawing attention to previously neglected areas such as late Qing, Sinophone, and ethnic minority literature
Several chapters explore literature in relation to Sinophone geopolitics, regional culture, urban culture, visual culture, print media, and new media
The introduction and two chapters furnish overviews of the institutional development of modern Chinese literature in Chinese and English scholarship since the mid-twentieth century
Contributions from leading literary scholars in mainland China and Hong Kong add their voices to international scholarship
- Number of Page(s)
- 1 online resource (592 p.)
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
No summary / review / table of content available!
|1.||00994/19||895.109005 Com||Online !||Available|
by author or subject