Analyzing everyday texts : discourse, rhetoric, and social perspectives
- Additional Author(s)
- London: Sage Publication , Inc., 1998
- Rhetoric and society v. 3
- DISCOURSE ANALYSIS
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- By outlining and integrating three different perspectives - discourse, rhetoric and social theory - this book provides a comprehensive and well-illustrated framework for the analysis of everyday texts. The first part of the book describes the tools and resources which can be drawn from discourse analysis, rhetorical theory, and social theory. These perspectives are then brought together in an extensive analysis of everyday texts. The last chapter examines the principles and consequences of conducting theoretically informed critical textual analysis.
- Number of Page(s)
- 1 online resource (x, 206 p.)
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
The Resources of Discourse Analysis --
The Resources of Rhetorical Theory --
The Resources of Social Theory --
Text Instances and Critical Practices --
Integrating Theoretical Resources and Critical Practices.
|1.||00877/19||401.41 Sti A||Online !||Available|