Writing a successful thesis or dissertation : tips and strategies for students in the social and behavioral sciences
- Additional Author(s)
- Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin , 2008
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
- DISSERTATIONS, ACADEMIC-AUTHORSHIP
- Description based on print version record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- No matter what state or stage your project is in, this how-to manual provides comprehensive guidance to help you tackle your master's thesis or doctoral dissertation.
Covering both quantitative and qualitative research methods, this essential resource offers direction for every step of the process. Drawing on 40 years of experience supervising dissertations, the authors provide examples from 100 completed projects to guide readers through:
Choosing a topic and writing research hypotheses; Selecting a chair or committee; Ensuring a successful proposal and oral defense; Adapting the finished product for publication; Using the Internet and desktop publishing effectively
With a conversational style suitable for both faculty and students, Writing a Successful Thesis or Dissertation demystifies the writing experience and presents step-by-step directions for successfully completing your project.
- Number of Page(s)
- 1 online resource (xvii, 333 p.)
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
Selecting a Suitable Topic; Sources of Topics --
Selecting a Chair and Committee --
Quantitative Research Designs --
Basic Statistics --
Qualitative Research Designs --
Writing the Introduction --
Writing the Literature Review --
Writing the Methodology Chapter --
Writing the Results Chapter --
Writing the Discussion Chapter --
The Proposal and Final Oral Defense --
Presenting and Publishing Your Dissertation.
|1.||00874/19||808.066378 Lun W||Online !||Available|