An introduction to journalism
- Additional Author(s)
- London: Sage Publications Ltd, 2006
- JOURNALISM, REGIONAL-GREAT BRITAIN
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- An Introduction to Journalism examines the skills needed to work as a journalist in newspapers, television, radio, and online. This book provides case studies as a guide to researching stories, interviewing, and writing for each medium, as well as recording material for both radio and television. It offers a wide range of comments and tips on the best way to approach stories and includes interviews with journalists working on a variety of news outlets, from the BBC to weekly newspapers.
- Number of Page(s)
- 1 electronic resource (vii, 245 p.)
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
Cover; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction; Chapter 1 --
What is news?; Chapter 2 --
Researching a story; Chapter 3 --
Writing a story; Chapter 4 --
Interviewing; Chapter 5 --
Broadcast skills; Chapter 6 --
An introduction to the English legal system; Chapter 7 --
The journalist and the law; Chapter 8 --
Reporting the courts; Chapter 9 --
Reporting local government and politics; Chapter 10 --
Media regulation; Glossary of legal terms; Glossary of journalism terms; Bibliography; Index.
|1.||00862/19||072 Fle A||Online !||Available|