The Pinang peranakan mansion : a museum of straits Chinese cultural heritage
- Additional Author(s)
- Penang: Pinang Peranakan Mansion Sdn Bhd, 2011
- PINANG PERANAKAN MANSION (GEORGE TOWN, PULAU PINANG, MALAYSIA)
- ARCHITECTURE, DOMESTIC-MALAYSIA-PINANG
- PERANAKAN (ASIAN PEOPLE)-MUSEUMS-MALAYSIA-PULAU PINANG (STATE)
. Bibliography: p.178.
- The peranakan was a prominent and unique community of acculturated Chinese who migrated from their homeland to the Straits Settlements of which Penang is a part. Also known as the Babas and the Nyonyas, they adopted selected ways of the local Malays and later, the colonial British. A unique lifestyle came forth out of this amalgamation of different cultures and customs, which left behind not only a rich legacy of antiques but also its cultural influences like cuisine and language, all of which are still evident in Penang today. So why turn the home of one of Penang’s historical personalities into a Peranakan museum? Why not! What better place to house the finest of Baba-Nyonya antiques and collectibles than within one of Penang’s greatest heritage homes.
- Number of Page(s)
- xxiv, 179p.
- 26 cm.
- Other Desc.
Summary / Review / Table of Content
No summary / review / table of content available!
|1.||03208/18||728.095951 Cha P||Library - 5th Floor/CCIS||Available|
by author or subject
Sorry! No similar collection can be found.